Michael Keenan Leary, known as Michael Keenan, is an American songwriter and producer. He is also Melanie Martinez's ex-boyfriend. He has worked with acts such as Skizzy Mars, Phoebe Ryan, and G-Eazy. He has produced all songs, excluding Drama Club on Melanie's sophomore studio album, K-12. He also created the score for the accompanying film.
Michael Keenan Leary was born in Massachusetts on April 10th, 1989. His family is originally from New York. He began to play the drums in third grade and traveled to Albany to be apart of the Empire State Youth Orchestra. Eventually, he did not want to do classical drumming and moved his interests into producing music.
After school, Michael moved to Brooklyn and then Manhattan shortly after to work on music. Once out of school, he focused all of his efforts on music production and creating beats that artists would want.
Work with Melanie Martinez
He has worked with Melanie Martinez on the following song(s):
Songs from Cry Baby (2015):
Songs from K-12 (2019):
- Wheels on the Bus
- Class Fight
- The Principal
- Show & Tell
- Nurse's Office
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Lunchbox Friends
- Orange Juice
- Teacher's Pet
- High School Sweethearts
Songs from After School (2020):
Songs that are stand-alone singles:
- Melanie calls him Mikey.
- They met in 2014.
- In 2015, he stated that one of his favorite songs by Melanie was Soap.
- Although Melanie and Michael broke up, they are still friends and hang out together often.
- In late summer 2018, Melanie deleted many of the photos associated with Michael on Instagram.
- On December 9th, 2020, Melanie stopped following him on Instagram.
- On January 23rd, 2021, Melanie re-followed him on Instagram.