|You are reading the page dedicated to the EP. You may have been wanting to read about the song or the remix EP with the same name.|
"Dollhouse" is the debut extended play (EP) by Melanie Martinez. It was released on May 19th, 2014 as her first official release.
The EP had a tour called Dollhouse Tour centered around it, along with two extra legs of the tour added on to it as well.
The EP is a love story (with the exception of Dollhouse) that doesn't turn out quite right. It is disguised in different themes, such as Carousel using a carnival and carousel to show the state of feeling in love with someone and being trapped in a one-sided relationship, and trying to grab them, but never reaching them in the end. Dead To Me is the aftermath of Carousel, showing Melanie trying to eliminate that person from her life, by killing them in her mind. Bittersweet Tragedy sums up the whole relationship and EP, since the relationship was bittersweet and there were moments where Melanie was only focusing on the 'sweet' parts, not realizing how sour most of it was.
There is a limited edition vinyl version of the EP that was released for "Record Store Day". It is colored half pastel pink, half baby blue and the cover has pictures of paper houses on it. It comes with a digital download of the EP. It was also available for sale on Melanie's website. The design of the vinyl is self-described by Melanie as "a light blue cookie dipped in strawberry frosting".
|1.||"Dollhouse"||Melanie Martinez, Kinetics & One Love||Kinetics & One Love||3:51|
|2.||"Carousel"||Melanie Martinez, Kinetics & One Love||Kinetics & One Love||3:50|
|3.||"Dead To Me"||Melanie Martinez, Kinetics & One Love||Kinetics & One Love||3:30|
|4.||"Bittersweet Tragedy"||Melanie Martinez, Daniel Omelio||Robopop||4:47|
- Bold indicates that the song has leaked online.
- Underlined indicates that the song has been performed/released at one point.
- A Thousand Words
- Bones Are Blue
- Cry Baby
- Dear Porcupines
- Gold Diggin' Love
- Night Mime
- Psycho Lovers
- You Love I
- The tracklist of Pity Party is almost exactly the same as this one.
- Melanie's favorite song on this EP is Carousel because she says, "it is a great example of what the vibe for my album is like. Each song is a childhood theme paired with a more mature and honest subject."
- Vinyls of this EP are sold ranging from $100 to $200 on Amazon and eBay.
- Only 3,000 copies of the Vinyl were made.
- The CDs of this EP are out of stock on Melanie's website.
- There is no official clean version of this EP.
- The walls in the Milk and Cookies music video look similar to the background of the EP’s cover.