Hello Melanie Martinez Wiki users! With the release of Melanie’s new album and the heightened activity in our comments sections, we have decided that it is time to open up a discussions moderator position. Basically what a discussions moderator does is they ensure that everyone is complying with wiki rules in the comments. They may do so by editing and removing comments and/or threads. A full description of their abilities may be found here. This is a must so that our community can stay welcoming for all users and that it is a safe space for conversation! A few days ago, we opened up discussions moderator nominations. However, due to lack of interest, we have decided to revert to our old method of selecting staff, allowing anyone interesting and meeting the below requirements to apply for the position.
- At least 100 edits on the wiki.
- A member for at least one month and be currently active (at least one edit within the last 30 days)
- You must also be active in the comments section.
- You must not have been banned from the wiki at any time during the last year. Additionally, you must not have received a warning within the last 30 days.
- Be able to handle conflict well and handle disagreement in a mature manner
How To Apply
The selection for a new discussions moderator will run much like the way we have chosen administrators in the past. Anyone interested in the position will fill out the application listed below as a reply to this post. Applications will be accepted from now until 11:59 PST on September 22. The new discussions moderator will be announced within three days of that date.
Please answer the below questions to the best of your ability. Remember, honesty matters and more thought out responses will earn you a better chance at becoming an discussions moderator.
1. Your username, and the date you joined this wiki
2. How many total edits you've made on this wiki
3. What qualities/skills make a good discussions moderator? What qualities do you have that qualify you for being an discussions moderator?
4. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate how active you are in this community. Also, are there certain times of the day or week that you are more active? Certain times of the year?
5. How do you handle situations where you have to take responsibility and be a leader?
6. Do you accept the full responsibility of becoming an important user in our community that others will go to for help?
7. Why do you want to be an discussions moderator on this wiki?
Please copy and paste the boxes and put an x or check in the ones that apply to you.
 I can be an active contributor throughout the entire year, unless personal reasons prevent me from doing so.
 I agree to presenting myself in a dignified manner to the rest of the community. I understand that I am a leader of the Melanie Martinez Wiki and will not abuse my position.
 I understand that my discussions moderator status could be taken away at any point for a variety of reasons, such as inactivity or making poor decisions.
 I will be involved with other users and make an effort to be kind to others.
Thank you for your time and energy. We look forward to welcoming a new staff member to the rest of the team.